Let’s Navigate Perimenopause.
Yes, it’s the festive season. But that doesn’t mean that your health goals need to come to a standstill.
In this blog, I will share 3 simple steps to thrive through perimenopause, even though you’re faced with Christmas treats, rich foods, more parties, late nights, and perhaps even some extra holiday stress…
So if you’re a woman in her forties trying to balance hormones and reclaim vitality, then read on!
Wait! Before we dive into my tips, I want to share a bonus Step 0 with you. Because this step underpins all the others and, from what I have seen with my most successful patients, will make a world of difference.
Step 0: Cultivate a Positive Mindset
Embarking on a health journey starts with your mindset. How you perceive your wellbeing plays a pivotal role. Viewing it as a “chore” or “punishment” sets the stage for challenges. However, envisioning it as a choice, a journey fueled by love for your body and a quest for optimal health, transforms your perspective.
This shift liberates you from the sense of deprivation around certain foods. Exercise is no longer a dreaded task. Instead, by reframing your mindset to find joy in leading a healthy lifestyle, everything becomes more manageable and enjoyable. I promise, the difference is profound!
Okay, so now the steps!
Step 1. Embrace Nutrient-Rich Choices
During the festive season, prioritise nutrient-rich foods. They provide the essential vitamins and minerals that support hormone balance and overall well-being.
- Choose colourful veggies: Aim to fill half your plate with a variety of colourful vegetables. They are packed with vitamins, minerals and gut healthy prebiotic fibre.
- Incorporate lean proteins: Opt for lean protein sources like turkey, fish, or plant-based options. Protein is crucial for gut healing and satiety.
- Healthy fats are your friend: Include sources of healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, and olive oil. They support hormonal function.
Case Study: Meet Michelle, a perimenopausal client who embraced nutrient-rich choices during the holidays. By focusing on colourful veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats, she not only avoided gaining weight but also experienced improved energy levels and less bloating.
Step 2. Prioritise Stress Management
High stress can exacerbate perimenopausal symptoms. Implement stress management techniques to support hormonal balance.
- Mindful moments: Incorporate short mindfulness or deep-breathing exercises daily.
- Schedule self-care: Allocate time for activities you enjoy, whether it’s reading, walking, or taking a warm bath.
- Quality sleep: Ensure you prioritise sleep. Create a relaxing bedtime routine and aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep.
Case Study: Meet Emily, a perimenopausal client who transformed her sleep quality through the combination of self-care and mindfulness practices. By integrating personalised self-care routines and embracing daily mindfulness exercises, Emily experienced a remarkable improvement in her sleep patterns. This success story highlights the powerful impact of self-care and mindfulness in enhancing sleep and overall well-being, offering inspiration to others navigating similar challenges in perimenopause.
Step 3. Stay Active in a Way You Enjoy
Physical activity is crucial for hormonal balance. Find enjoyable ways to stay active, even during the busy holiday season.
- Find joy in movement: Choose activities you love, whether it’s dancing, hiking, or yoga.
- Involve loved ones: Make physical activity a family affair by including loved ones in your routines.
- Consistency over intensity: Aim for regular, moderate exercise rather than sporadic intense workouts.
Case Study: Meet Lisa, a vibrant woman in her forties. As the school holidays commenced, she decided to infuse daily walks with her kids into their routine. This simple yet intentional choice not only kept her active but also became a heart-warming family tradition during the festive season. Lisa’s commitment to daily walks not only contributed to her physical well-being but also strengthened the bond with her children, turning a healthy habit into treasured moments. This case underscores how incorporating family-friendly activities like daily walks can enhance both fitness and the joy of the holiday season.
Hopefully, you can now see how it IS possible to navigate perimenopause successfully, even during the holiday season.
Wishing you a relaxing, restorative, and healthy break!
Ready to take the next step in improving perimenopause symptoms?
FREE DOWNLOAD: 6 Steps To Breeze Through Perimenopause.
if you’d like to learn more about my services and what I offer, Learn More about how I can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
Image designed by Freepik